Sunday, June 27, 2010

My New Blog

How to use this blog: I have traveled in some areas of the world and have collected pictures of gravestones. I am not going to post the gravestone photos, but I will collect the information from them and post them on my blog. This way anyone who is doing genealogy can look through the gravestones and find names and hopefully information that they need. 


Here are some things you need to know before you start:


* I will probably not publish things accurately, though I will try to do so.
* You may ask for a copy of the gravestone you are finding information from and I will try to e-mail one to you.
* Each post will be from a different graveyard. The first two graveyards were randomly photographed and so I am not certain of the exact name. 
* I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. This means I believe in life after death and that on earth we can become proxies for ordinances done in the temple for these people who are dead. Please abide by church policies when entering in data or doing ordinances for the people I record. Do not simply add these people to new.familysearch.org. This is meant for family members only.


By creating this blog, I hope to assist members of my church in finding their relatives to perform saving ordinances for them. Please keep this in mind and respect the people whose information I have recorded. 

No comments:

Post a Comment